What Is CreateSpace And Why Do You Need It?
Book publishing made easy. That line sums up what CreateSpace is all about. The latest trend in publishing to pick up in the last decade or so is Self-Publishing. You have multiple portals which allow you to publish on the go. Kindle store comes across as the classic example. Yes, you’ve got other publishing portals as well, (like Barnes & Noble internationally) which do the same for you, but at the end of the day you look better off with Kindle. The reason is simple – ease of use. You see, you can just come to upload your book/draft/manuscript in Docx format to Kindle uploader, and in a swift 20 hours, you will see your book available for sale all over the world. But then, this deal comes with eBooks. What about Physical books?
That’s where, CreateSpace comes in with all its complex algorithms, and simple interface, allowing you to convert your eBooks to physical prints in a few clicks. Converting your Kindle book to the print version using CreateSpace is a straightforward process if you know what you are doing. Again, the operative word here is, you need to know what you are doing. Hence the following broad steps will help you do the perfect conversion of eBooks into Physical books.
- Format Your Book For CreateSpace
- Format Your Book Cover Design For CreateSpace
- Upload Your Book To CreateSpace Account
- Finish And Publish Your Book Globally
Format Your Book For CreateSpace – Simple Steps For Perfect Product
Although CreateSpace is something you can best use to produce some exciting work, you still need to abide by the publishing rules of the physical world. Not to worry too much, CreateSpace has some easy rules and flexibility to bring the best of the works out. The first step in this comes with Formatting Your Book as per the requirements of CreateSpace. The following is how you can do it,
- Approach A Specialist: You can find on online freelance portals, like Fiverr or Up work, people who are experts in formatting draft manuscripts specifically for CreateSpace. Usually, they go by the name Book Formatter. Remember, you just want an individual who is specific to formatting the manuscript. You may also find people who are willing to take up both Book Formatting and Book Cover Formatting as a part of a package. That could work for you when you want to bring the book out in a professional manner. However, if you think you could do well with Image editing, then you just have to go for a specialist book formatting for your book.
- Searching For The Best: In these freelance portals, you can get overwhelmed in finding the perfect person for the job. In this context, being specific helps you pick the best. While listing your requirements, you could add these needs – Experience in Book Formatting for CreateSpace, Strong Linguistic focus, and Strong attention to detail. Also, it is good practice for you to show them some examples on CreateSpace page itself. Also, while listing be sure to include a link towards the FAQ’s, and Formatting Rules which are already included in CreateSpace portal. Now, because of these things, you can easily find the man for the job. There are a lot of matters on Upwork, so you don’t need to enter a very detailed description of your requirements.
Create A Book Cover For CreateSpace Project
The second step which comes in the making for a successful CreateSpace project has a book cover which impresses every reader. The first thing any user will have while coming to Amazon is a look at the Book cover which either makes them pick it up immediately or ignore it. That’s where Book cover becomes highly important. You could ensure that you have a good and desirable book cover, with the following measures,
- Pick An Artist Via Fiverr or Upwork: You can follow the above procedure with finding a good enough artist or book cover designer on the platform. The critical point we need to observe is that you need to build a rapport with the Artist to properly depict the cover image. Otherwise, even so, the book cover comes out with a perfect cover, it may fail to become relevant to the book. So hence, you will have to come with a design with you perfect Book Cover designer, which is both impressive to look at and is highly relevant to the subject matter inside. Look at the Artist’s or Member’s previous works before deciding anything. This is important because some artists may be only specific to a particular genre of books, and fail to deliver in your case.
- Go Indie – Go for Pictures: I know, this might sound exciting. You see, normally and traditionally, you have the option of going for the art covers and paintings for your book. However, in the latest trends, you can also opt for direct photographs which are open source. You could also use photographs clicked by Indie photographers to make your books stand out. Buy the photographs from the makers, so that you won’t face any legal infringement issues in future. Once you have that, you can always use it as needed.
Create Your New Project With CreateSpace – And Bring Your Book To Life
You’ve made the book look good. The formatting of the book is done. And since, then you have also worked on bringing the best feature image for it, which is impressive and relevant. Thus, you are fully ready to bring your book out. Now comes the fun part,
- Create An Account And Register A Project: While this may come as a simple step, it still is necessary. You need to create yourself an account within CreateSpace. You can also create a one-click account, by using Amazon’s login credentials Once you do that, you will enter a simple and clean interface which allows you to create, maintain, publish and analyse, the books you bring out. Since it is a free account, there’s a free interface awaiting your book as soon as you log in.
- Begin A New Product And Upload Your Book: It’s a simple method here. You just must upload your document (.doc) or PDF file within the upload button. This is where the earlier formatting of eBook via a freelancer comes in handy. Since the document is already formatted and ready for publishing, you won’t face any problems while uploading the book. You have some auto tools which will help you to verify the formatting. CreateSpace has an Interior Reviewer. Interior Reviewer goes through the manuscript and makes it print ready by tweaking the formatting. Presently, you just should upload the manuscript and the cover image which comes along with it.
- Preview Your Book and Submit: Once you have filled in your author details, book details, description, etc., you can preview the book as to how it will look as a final product, using the Live Previewer within the program. This tool is quite like Kindle Previewer tool which is useful to have a look at the submission before publishing. The automatic tool for verification analyses the book for common editing errors and brings a new way of looking at the book. Interior Reviewer visually highlights these issues, so it’s easy to update them in your file. The Interior Previewer tool also brings trimming options to the pages so that you get the perfect book out. Once you are happy with editing took up, and the final manuscript hit Submit. In the next 24 hours, you should receive a confirmation mail which tells you whether your manuscript has been accepted or not.
- Confirm The Proof: In CreateSpace, you also have the option of ordering a copy of your physical book before you bring it out to the market. For first time publishers, this is a preferred option because they will have a certain idea as to what they want to do in future as well. Also, there is a quicker way of doing it, by ordering an Online proof which gives you options to check out your book online. You can then take up changes and submit it online. Once you are confirmed with the output, you just need to click on Approve Proof to submit and print the manuscript. As soon as the book is made approved, you can immediately find it on the CreateSpace page, and in a short while on the Amazon page as well for Global readers. Do check your royalties and bring the best foot forward.